AcuDetox is a non-verbal approach to healing that involves the gentle placement of up to five small, sterilized disposable needles into specific sites on each ear. In the United States, acupuncture detoxification was first introduced on an outpatient basis in 1974 at Lincoln Hospital, a city facility in the South Bronx area of New York City. By the mid-1980’s, the success of this unique procedure had become so evident that treatment facilities across the United States began incorporating acupuncture into their substance abuse programming.
Acupuncture detoxification has grown rapidly, evolved, and is now used effectively for acute and prolonged withdrawal as well as relapse prevention. The different benefits of AcuDetox are:
• Reduced cravings for alcohol and drugs, including nicotine
• Minimized withdrawal symptoms
• Increased calmness, better sleep, and less agitation
• Relief from stress and emotional trauma
• An easier connection with counseling
• A discovery of inner quiet and strength
• An intention for recovery
Schedule an appointment today!