At The Willow Center, we understand that making the first step in beginning treatment can be a little intimidating if it is something you have never done before. If you are experiencing nervousness or anxiety about it, we want to assure you that this is normal! You are about to make a big step toward making a positive change in your life!
Also, if you’ve done this before we want to commend you on your courage and willingness to keep fighting. We hope that your experience with The Willow Center will be exactly what you’ve been searching for.
When you call us to set up an appointment for an assessment, this is what you can expect:
• Your phone call will be greeted by one of our administrative team members. If they are busy helping another client on the phone, just leave us a message and we’ll get back to you ASAP (usually within the hour).
• You will be asked some questions during that first phone call – questions like who or what prompted you to call us, if you’ve had any legal consequences, insurance info, etc. Don’t worry about if you don’t have insurance, many of our clients don’t, we will work out all of those details with you. Before you get off the phone, we will set up a time for you to come in for an assessment.
• When you arrive for your assessment, you will begin by filling out some paperwork. Please bring a valid state ID or driver’s license with you and any other information or paperwork that will help us determine the next course of action.
• After you complete your paperwork, you will meet with one of our therapists to conduct your assessment. They will explore more of your family and medical history, along with any previous legal consequences that were a result of your drug or alcohol use.
• After your assessment is complete, the therapist will make a treatment recommendation for you. Based on your recommendation, you can then set up your first treatment date with our administrative staff.